Packet pickup is at Welcome Stadium under the western bleachers. Please bring a photo ID to pick up your packet.
- Monday, October 21st: 3p - 7pm
- Tuesday, October 22nd: 1pm - 6pm
The Roads Near the Event Close at 6:15pm. Please arrive no later than 6pm to secure a parking spot and entry to the event. Traffic will likely be heavy during this time.
Please park in one of the parking lots on the race map to the right. Do not park on the course and please reserve the parking spaces closest to the stadium for those with limited mobility. You will not be able to exit the parking lots headed north on Edwin C Moses until after the race concludes.
Race Proceeds Benefit:
In line with the mission of the Ohio River Road Runners Club, the Dayton Ghost 'n Goblin 5k will benefit local children's health & running programs. This year, 3 of our 4 donations will be directed to Brookville, Trotwood and Northridge schools to assist with continued tornado recovery efforts. The recipient of the final donation will be decided by your votes at registration. When you register, select which school district or club you want to receive a donation - the top school will receive a donation to help their team!
Are you not a runner or walker? You can still join in on the fun! The Ohio River Road Runner's Club is an *ALL VOLUNTEER* charitable organization and we need nearly 150 volunteers to make the Ghost N Goblin 5k happen each year! Each volunteer receives a race shirt and our gratitude for their help and assistance! Please visit our Volunteer page to sign-up as a volunteer!
Become a Sponsor: If you or your company share an interest in the health of our community and youth, jump in as a Ghost 'n Goblin sponsor! We have several sponsorship packages to get your company's name out there as a supporter! Contact us at email@example.com to begin!
Ghost 'n Goblin Personalities
WHIO News Anchor
Race Guest of Honor
Still a Spooky Mystery!
Shirt availability & shirt sizes guaranteed only for participants registered by October 2, 2019. We will make every attempt to get you into a proper fitting shirt, but for logistics reasons, we cannot guarantee this after October 2.
This year's race shirts are a soft, moisture-wicking and anti-microbial performance hoodie. They are made of 100% polyester and feature a double-needle hem, as well as a fabric-matching hood with drawstrings.
Shirt Fitting Events
- Sunday, September 22, 1 pm - 3 pm, Runners Plus Fairborn location
Shirt Size Specifications
Shirt Size Exchanges
Ghost 'n Goblin Youth Running Challenge
As of September 8, the top schools receiving votes are:
- Dayton Public Schools
- Northmont City
Make sure to vote for your favorite school or organization!
What is the GnG Youth Running Challenge?Ghost 'n Goblin is the second largest fundraiser for the Ohio River Road Runner's Club (behind Turkey Trot, and as race directors we're hoping to make it #1)! Our mission is to give back to the community by encouraging running (or walking) in our community, so this year we're giving back to our region's youth runners! We'll be donating part of Ghost 'n Goblin's proceeds to help four local youth health & running organizations (either running clubs, programs to help kids get back to running, or school running programs).
How Do I Help?1. Register for the Ghost 'n Goblin 5k!2. Select an organization on your registration form.3. Tell your friends to sign up & pick their favorite school or running club.4. That's it! It's that simple & you just helped young runners and walkers in our area!
How are Challenge Winners Selected?This year, to assist with continued tornado recovery, three of the four donations from race proceeds will go to Brookville, Trotwood and Northridge schools. Your votes will determine the final recipient! When you register for the Ghost 'n Goblin 5k, you'll be asked to select a an organization from the Dayton area to help out as a part of your registration. Pick your favorite and your vote will be cast! Each organization will receive $500 for equipment, uniforms, race entries, or other items to help encourage & support youth running/health.
Note: If a school/organization has no running/health programs and does not wish to start one, the next highest vote-receiving organization will receive the challenge donation.
Find Out Who Won!The Ghost 'n Goblin 5k Youth Running Challenge winners will be announced at the end of the race during the awards ceremony! Stick around and see if your school, organization, or club won!
Fun, Food, and Entertainment
What's a Halloween run with a costume contest? Bring your best costume, or even better, get your friends & coworkers together for a group costume! The costumes will be judged in the following categories:
- Best Boy & Best Girl Costume (Under 10 Years Old)
- Best Group Costume(s)
- Best Couple Costume(s)
- Most Creative
- Scariest Costume
- Best Male & Best Female Costume
- Funniest Costume
- Best Volunteer Costume
To Enter the Costume Contest: meet on the football field at 6pm on race day!
Food is the entire reason why you ran a 5k, isn't it? :-) We'll have lots of food, water, and treats for you when you finish the Ghost 'n Goblin 5k! Among them will be:
- Domino's Pizza
- Water & Soda
Entertainment & The Post Race Party
After you've finished, we'll host the biggest Halloween-themed post-race party in Dayton! Stick around for food, music, and race results! At the party we'll have:
- Music (and Dancing if You're So Inclined!)
- Awards Ceremony
- Announcing of the Winning Youth Running Teams/Clubs
Raffles & Prizes
- Two Bicycles for Kids - an old Ghost 'n Goblin Tradition! Winners will be announced during the awards ceremony and must have registered by October 21.
- For all other raffle prizes, check the board located near the finish line for your bib number! You could win:
- Runners Plus Gift Cards
- Knot Your Average Massage gift cards
- IHSP gift baskets
- ...and more!
- You might also win a door prize of Halloween cereal or Grandpa Joe's candy when you pick up your bib!
Awards will be given to:
- Trophies: Top 3 Male & Female Winners
- Medals: Top 5 Male & Female in Age Categories (9-11, 12-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+)
- Medals: All 8 & under receive finishing award (if registered by 21 Oct)
Note: You must be present at the post-race Awards Ceremony to receive your award.
The Ghost 'n Goblin™ 5k is all about fun, but this is where we have to be a little strict (for everyone's safety and enjoyment of the event). Failure to comply with the rules or the guidance or commands or a race official or volunteer may result in removal from the event.
- The use of jogging strollers is discouraged. Walkers with standard walking-strollers must start in the *BACK* of the pack. Runners who elect to participate with strollers, against the RRCA safer racing guidelines, must start on the edge/side of the race. Persons with strollers found in the middle or front of the starting pack, or inhibiting other participants in any way, will be removed from the event.
- No Animals (e.g. dogs, cats, pets): we love them, but not everybody will feel comfortable with them and our insurance forbids it. Persons with animals will be removed from the event. Those with service animals may be requested to show documentation and may be asked to start on the side of the race or in the back, away from the pack (the race is chip timed, so this won't affect your time).
- Headphones are *strongly discouraged*: they reduce your ability to hear vehicles (it's a closed course, but emergency vehicles may need to use the road) and directions from the race staff. Participants not following race staff/volunteer commands and guidance may be removed from the event.
- Race officials commands, including those of the race directors, volunteers, safety, medical, fire, and other professionals shall be followed at all times, especially when concerning the safety, health, and well-being of any and all participants.
- Follow all laws, good safety practices, and use common sense, please! :-)
Race Results Rules
- All participants will be issued a disposable timing chip on the back of their race number.
- Do not remove the chip from the back of your bib.
- Participants are responsible for wearing their number throughout the event.
- We hate to be harsh, but: No Number = No Results = No Awards.